One of the world’s top universities
- Global top 150 university (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018)
- Member of the prestigious Russell Group of world class, research-intensive universities
- Ranked 35th globally (Leiden University World Ranking 20181)
- More subjects ranked in the top 10 than all other UK universities, other than Oxford and Cambridge (Times Good University Guide 2019)
The UK’s fastest growing research university2
- 98% of our research is of international quality (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Our research is ranked amongst the most influential of 2018 (Altmetric top 1003)
- Our research income was nearly £100m in 2017/84
- We receive in excess of 100 PhD studentships annually, funded by UKRI (formerly Research Councils UK)
A supportive, international research community
- We are international and inclusive: our staff come from 85 countries and students from 178.
- We care about our postgraduate researchers. Our Doctoral College supports all research students and early career researchers, championing investment in training, development resources and facilities
- We offer funded Doctoral Training programmes with all major UK research councils
- Our Researcher Development Programme provides tailored training to help you succeed
- eProfile system, a dedicated careers coach and our career’s service to ensure your research degree elevates your career.
One great university, two fantastic locations
- Our two locations in Exeter and Cornwall offer beautiful campuses in vibrant communities, and are ideal environments in which to study and live
- In Exeter, Streatham Campus is our largest site and is a registered botanic garden covering 370 acres. St Luke's Campus campus has retained a vibrant, collegiate atmosphere in which everyone soon gets to know each other
- In Cornwall, the Penryn Campus covers 100 acres at the heart of the living laboratory that is Cornwall, while our the Knowledge Spa is home to the European Centre for Environment and Human Health in Truro
Find out more about what makes living in the South West so special.
1 based on percentage of outputs in the top 10 per cent most-cited
2 based on research income between 07/08 to 16/17 (187% growth over period, £24.5m to £70.2m). Excludes R&D tax credits income
3 two research papers featuring Professor Tim Lenton (Geography) and Professor Kevin Gaston (Biodiversity and Conservation) were included
4 includes grants, contracts and quality-related research
My favourite thing about Exeter...
Find out what our international students love about Exeter...
Streatham Campus, Exeter
An aerial tour of our largest campus in Exeter
Penryn Campus, Cornwall
An aerial tour of our Penryn Campus in Cornwall